Workshops and Training
Workshops are an important part in providing the artists in our Artist Collective opportunities to gain new artistic skills, discover new artistic mediums and passions, as well as meet local artists in the community.
Past POVA Artistic Workshops:
- Line, Shape, and Space in Observational Drawing
- Street Art, Wall Murals, and Public Art
- Color Theory and Pigment Mixing
- Finding your Artistic Process and Voice
- Cultivating Creativity: How to Work with a Theme
- Introduction to Lino Block one color and two color
- Introduction to Photography: Aperture, Shutter speed, Types of Light
- Creating a Photo Essay: Cultivating Ideas and Planning
- Photography Fieldwork
- Painting Basics: Still Life
- Introduction to Mixed Media
- Professional Practices in Art and Pricing Guidelines
- Intro to Fabric Marbling
- Basics of Abstract Art and Color Theory
- Embroidery and other sewing techniques
Want to Teach a Workshop? Learn more HERE.
Sponsored Trainings, Field Trips, & Enrichment Opportunities:
- Black Women in Creative Spaces Summit - POVA sponsored AM Hassan’s registration to attend the “Black Women in Creative Spaces Summit” at Nossi College of Art in February 2019.
- Funding Creativity: Understanding grants, grant writing, & other opportunities - POVA sponsored AM Hassan and Beth attendance to the Arts & Business Council's Funding Creativity seminar in January 2019
- Tinney Contemporary Gallery Tour Group Trip - 6 POVA artists attended a private tour at Tinney Contemporary Gallery and learned about gallery expectations and presentation in December 2018
- Frist Art Museum Chaos & Awe Exhibition Group Trip - 10 POVA artists attended our field trip to the Chaos & Awe exhibit at the Frist in August 2018
- Old School Farm Pottery Group trip - 8 POVA artists attended learned about pottery and ceramics in Spring 2018
- CornertoCorner’s Business Entrepreneur Academy POVA Artist Beth Gunn graduated the 6-week course and earned a certificate in October 2016.
- Watkins College of Art Bookmaking Workshop series for the Handmade & Bound Exhibition – 5 POVA artists participated in the Handmade & Bound workshops, festival, and exhibition from September 2016-October 2016
- Frist Center for the Visual Arts “Found Narratives” workshop series and Exhibition – 6 POVA artists exhibited and were featured from Fall 2015-Summer 2016
- Fall Tennessee Craft Fair – Gwen was paid as a teaching artist to lead a craft project in the kid’s tent in September 2016
- Nashville Art Camp – POVA artists participated in Art Camp in 2016 and 2017
- Creatives Day Workshop – 6 POVA artists participated in 2016
- KY Governor’s School for the Arts – Beth shared her testimony to over 200+ high school students in June 2016
- Plaza Artist Materials – 5 POVA artists participated in the mat-board cutting workshop in 2015