Workshops are an important part in providing the artists in our Artist Collective opportunities to gain new artistic skills, discover new artistic mediums and passions, as well as meet local artists in the community.
Past Workshops led by POVA volunteers:
- Pricing workshop
- Fabric Marbling
- Color Theory
- Abstract Art
- Embroidery and other sewing techniques
- Introduction to Lino Block (one color)
- Introduction to Photography: Aperture, Shutter speed, Types of Light
Want to Teach a Workshop? Learn more HERE.
Partner Workshops and Sponsored Training Opportunities
- CornertoCorner’s Business Entrepreneur Academy – POVA Artist Beth Gunn graduated the 6-week course and earned a certificate in October 2016.
- Watkins College of Art Bookmaking Workshop series for the Handmade & Bound Exhibition – 5 POVA artists participated in the Handmade & Bound workshops, festival, and exhibition from September 2016-October 2016
- Frist Center for the Visual Arts “Found Narratives” workshop series and Exhibition – 6 POVA artists exhibited and were featured from Fall 2015-Summer 2016
- 2016 Fall Tennessee Craft Fair – Gwen was paid as a teaching artist to lead a craft project in the kid’s tent in September 2016
- 2016 Art Camp – 1 POVA artist participated in 2016
- 2016 Creatives Day Workshop – 6 POVA artists participated in 2016
- 2016 KY Governor’s School for the Arts – Beth shared her testimony to over 200+ high school students in June 2016
- Plaza Artist Materials – 5 POVA artists participated in the mat-board cutting workshop in 2015